Thanks for coming over to learn a little more about us!
“Who can find a virtuous woman? For her worth is far above rubies.” Proverbs 31:10
First, Let’s meet Megan Elizabeth!
It truly is an honor to spend time with you over the inter-webs and share encouragement, inspiration and life with you! The above verse is my hearts desire since I was a little girl…I truly want to seek to be a Proverbs 31 woman, and it is the daily struggle of my life. Things certainly have not been perfect, but, I will tell you, God is so good to me and has blessed me with so many amazing things! The greatest desire I have is that I can encourage you in just some small ways, all while having a blast enjoying our crafting and day to day life together!!!
Above being a lifestyle blogger, I am first and foremost Mommy to three amazing blessings…Bensen, Jenavieve and Gradyn and Dillon my incredible bonus son. Nate, the amazing man God brought into my life encourages me in all things life and dreams and I couldn’t be more in love or blessed… (I’m sure you hear a lot about them they are the best!) I homeschool the kiddos, I’m a complete coffee addict, a QVC On Air Presentation Host, lipgloss lover and crazy obsessed with fun singing!
AboveRubiesStudio.com was started as a simple hobby site to help me with my postpartum depression after having Jenavieve in 2008. However, not gonna lie, the entrepreneurial spirit in me along with the knowledge and skills had in marketing and online development, quickly grew ARS from a simple outlet for me, into a full blown business with hundreds of thousands views, subscribers, friends and more! The Cricut Educational DVDS and Cricut Cutting Guide (Grab for FREE Here) has been a joyous journey for me since the beginning! I have grown much since the start of Above Rubies Studio and I’m blessed and thankful to now be able to share my first love of hair, makeup and beauty and bring that to you as of 2016 – making AboveRubiesStudio.com a place for every women to feel beautiful inside and out in all areas of our busy lifestyles.
I want to MAKE with YOU! SHE MAKES
SheMakes.club is Megan Elizabeth’s exclusive membership to create meaningful projects that tell your story. This is a close knit community that gathers to have fun creative workshops, learn how to make amazing projects, but intimately share your personal story that helps you document where you came from and create the life you desire most! http://SheMakes.club/join
I want to WORK with YOU! SHE WORKS
I have taken my love for educating others, encouraging and inspiring their spirits to both of my Designer Teams with Stampin Up & Chalk Couture where I share my experience, skills, secrets to my success and more to help others who want to grow their own blogs, businesses or just reach life goals in a fun and easy way! We like to show you how to have Business. Life. Balance. The Way You Want It! #BizLifeBalance
Personal Loves & Life
Besides scrapbooking, I love teaching and playing with my kids, experiencing life WITH them is truly my greatest gift and honor!! I feel so blessed. I also love shopping, singing at the top of my lungs (especially along with Donny Osmond 🙂 ), and a wonderful Starbucks Latte while walking around Target or literally any craft store. 🙂 I am a cold weather girl to be honest, but I love a nice relaxing week by the water without a doubt! My hearts dream is to still make it happen and get a Hot Tub for my home! 😉
A Little Past History About Above Rubies Studio
My love for scrapbooking led me to the Cricut and then on to the wonderful online world of tutorials. I thrive on how to add value to this online community with my experience in Scrapbooking, Cardmaking and crafting. Since purchasing my Cricut in 2008, I have become obsessed with helping others learn the value of all that their Cricut can offer them. The Cricut offers so many options many users don’t know about, and I’m just the girl to show you how to get the most from your Cricut Machine.
I really have been best known for my Cricut A to Z Educational Cricut DVD, that will show you start to finish how to use your Cricut, along with hundreds of completed projects. This dvd has helped tens of thousands of people and I am giddy with excitement so many have embraced this! (Make sure you check that out too!)
Also, The Cricut Cutting Guide which has become a must have to any Cricut user out there. I have spent several months compiling over 550 different cuts to make on various materials and paper brands that you can cut with your Cricut. Not only are these listed, the Guide will tell you exactly what settings to use for the size cut you want and material you are using.
I have had the amazing honor in being asked to make guest appearances at several scrapbook stores and television appearances, as well as instruct Cricut Classes all over PA, WI, FL and MN. I love doing these things, I am also have been involved with many different design teams and always love to work with other scrapbookers and designers! We all learn from each other and that is the best! 🙂
Why were you called Above Rubies Studio?
Many have asked where the name Above Rubies Studio came from…Well it was born out of a childhood dream of owning my own salon and the Bible Verse found in Proverbs 31:10 – “For her worth is far above rubies”. My goal was to always share and promote that a woman’s worth is much more than any precious gem on this earth when she is filled with the virtue and honor that Proverbs 31 talks about. It’s about the woman on the inside that matters and in God’s eyes where all our worth is. This passage of scripture is the perfect “model” woman of who I would love to become, and is an example for us all to be Above Rubies.
This chapter of the Bible is also the core heart and inspiration for byMeganElizabeth as well. Striving to show you how to achieve that life of virtue, dignity, strength, trust, value, household and business skills! It’s all who that woman is and all we seek to build into life’s value!
I hope you enjoy this site and that it can bring a smile to your day!
- I once got to sing on a Disney Stage and it was a childhood giddy dream!
- Favorite famous person I’ve met on several occasions is Donny Osmond (Life goal – to sing with him!)
- My Starbucks order – Grande half vanilla-half toffee nut latte in a venti cup with extra whip (*please!)
- Road trips are amazing and Swedish Fish must come on the ride!
- A little lipgloss and a pair of Diff sunglasses can make me feel sassy any day!
- I’ve been a successful online entrepreneur for over 12 years (First started working and understanding business success at 13 years old – have been a goal oriented achiever forever!)
- CHA Top 20 Innovator Award Winner
- Best selling craft educator world wide
- Top 10 National Team Builder and Sales in Home Based Business Company
- Currently On-Air Presenter at QVC, previously seen on HSN
- Drink: Coffee
- Animal: Raccoons
- Way to Relax: Bubble Bath (Lush Bubble Bars are my favorite completely)
- To Wear: Hoodies, dressed up with Inspirational jewelry & a Coach purse! The jewelry I love? Stuff that I make by metal stamping or Bryan Anthonys, Alex & Ani and Lisa Leonard Designs!
- To Watch: Once Upon a Time on ABC – but I’m also a sucker for Big Brother in recent years!
Let’s Meet Nate:
Nate is a hard working, driven and life lovin’ Dad who is all about anything outdoors and hunting. When he isn’t busy with everyday work and life with Megan, kids and doggies, you most likely will find him getting ready for his next hunt! He will be ready to get out there whether deer, bear, birds, or whatever else is in season!
Nate works full time as a warehouse supervisor and is talented in many aspects of craftmanship. He has brought his skills and expertise into Stepping Stone that has merged into byMeganElizabeth.com and has a big vision to create something incredible alongside Megan and the entire Stepping Stone Decor Team.
Together, this is how we roll:
- We have a bit of a rustic, chabby chic style, loving all things old farm houses, chalk board decor and stone!
- We have four kids combined – ages 12 (Nate’s son), 11 (Megan’s Son), 10 (Megan’s daughter) and 4 (Megan’s Son), and two dogs, Frasier and Ted Mosby.
- We love to have fun! Going for walks, having friends over by the fire or just relaxing to what’s new on Netflix.
- We love sushi! It just maybe that Megan fell for Nate the first time he brought her sushi after a long day of crazy with work & her kids. (But that could just be a rumor!)
- We love to see other’s succeed and why we felt Stepping Stone was for life creators and memory makers just like you!
- We have big goals & dreams and everyday is a step – FORWARD!
It is absolutely an honor to share this journey with you and enjoying each step of creating a business and life we love together!